The weight of my Necklace is 25 g.
- Extra fine Australian Merino Wool in Roving (Wool top), Micron 14-16, 100 g
- Fine and thin Prefelt (Micron 18-20), I recommend you to buy it from Wollknoll
(www.wollknoll.eu), the ones which are 180 cm wide and have ca.170 g/meter are
perfect. You will need a piece of 30 x 50 cm.
- Sequined fabrics, the base fabric should be loose woven. You can use one or
more colors as you like. You will need a total of 20 x 15 cm. (8 x 6 inches)
- Sharpe Scissors in different sizes, a curved-ended Scissors
- IKEA Mat Variera (with dots) it’s not an obligation, but might be practical to work
on, you can replace it with a Piece of Bubble Wrap on your table
- Tape measure
- Chopstick or Wooden Stick to get into the tunnel with, about 8 mm in diameter
- Permanent marker
- Drawing compass, in case you will draw the templates by hand
- Bowl for Water
- Hand Soap
- Bubble Wrap for the Templates, a tiny piece (25 x 15 cm)=(10 x 6 inches)
- Bubble Wrap for rubbing (20 x 25 cm)=(8 x 10 inches)
- 2 pieces of Bubble Wrap to flip the necklace with (each 35 x 35 cm)=(14 x 14
- Plastic or hard paper for the line guide templates (20 x 25 cm)=(8 x 10 inches)
- Synthetic Kitchen Cloth to absorb the Water
- A Mesh for covering the Necklace during the massage. (25 x 35 cm)=(10 x 14
- Two Pieces of Cotton Cloth for rolling (e.g. an old piece of Sheet), a bigger one
which is 30 x 50 cm (12 x 20 inches) and a smaller one which is 15 x 20 cm (6 x 8
- A tiny piece of worn soap to draw onto the prefelt
- A small round Wooden Tool could also be practical for shaping the berries, but
you can do it without it too.
About the Wool I use:
I usually buy the Wool and the Prefelt from a German Company, Wollknoll. I will use
their 16 Microns thick white Australian Merino Wool (Art.Nr.1492) after hand dyeing
and their 19,5 Microns Prefelt (e.g.Art.Nr.1254-18)
My Wooden Tools
My small wooden tools are made by a hungarian manufacturer called Paka Design.
You will find them on this name on Facebook:
Just to give you an idea you can buy sequined materials for example on Ebay,
Amazon, Alibaba,in textile stores and in second hand shops.
Make sure that the base fabric is loose woven!
Something like this would do: