- Fine Australian Merino Wool in Roving (Wool top), (Micron 18) a total of about 50
- Fine Australian Merino Bats (18-21 Micron), about 30 g
The total weight of my Fish without the plastic granules is about 75 g.
- Sequined fabrics. Make sure the sequins are sewn onto the mesh-like fabric, not
glued! The base fabric must be loose woven in order for the wool fibers to be able
to hide through it. You could use many different shades, you will need a total of
30 x 30 cm (12 x 12 inches)
- Bubble Wrap for the square templates, a tiny piece (10 x 10 cm) = (4 x 4 inches)
- Foam sheet for the main template (35 x 20 cm) = (14 x 8 inches)
- Plastic granules or any small-grained pearls to stuff the fish with. The point is to
have it small, the diameter of the grain should be about 3-4 mm. You will need
less than half of a cup, about 1 dl.
Plastic granules must be hard plastic. It’s shape does not matter, it can be square
or round. It’s best to buy white or transparent, sure not to let go of its color.
If you type it in Google you will find a lot.
This kind of things are good: LINK
Actually you could use any hard and small grained material, which does’nt
absorbs water. So seeds and natural plants are not good for this purpose, since
we will fill it into the fish quite right at the beginning of the felting process and we
will work with warm and hot water. The seeds would grow by the water, which is
not good for us. Polystyrene beads are not good, don’t take it!
- To fill it in you need a funnel and a small measuring cup.
- 6 or 8 mm diameter beads. It can be metal, but also glass. The point is that the
hole should be the right size to fit a fine felted cord into it. The ideal hole size is 1-
- A small metal ring about 5 mm in diameter. Through this, you can thread either a
metal chain or a fishing thread to hang the fish later.
- Piece of Beeswax
- Sharpe Scissors in different sizes, a curved-ended Scissors
- IKEA Mat Variera (with dots) it’s not an obligation, but might be practical to work on, you can replace it with a piece of bubble wrap on your table
- Chopstick or Wooden Stick for minor corrections
- Permanent marker
- Bowl for Water
- Hand Soap
- Plastic sheet for the line guide Templates, (31 x 20 cm) = (12 x 8 inches)
- 2 Pieces of Bubble Wrap for rubbing (20 x 25 cm) = (8 x 10 inches)
- Synthetic Kitchen Cloth to absorb the Water
- A Mesh for covering the Fish during the massage. (30 x 40 cm) = (12 x 16 inches)
- One piece of Cotton Cloth for rolling (e.g. an old piece of Sheet) which is 40 x 40 cm (16 x 16 inches)
Just to give you an idea you can buy sequined fabrics for example on Ebay, Amazon,
Alibaba, Etsy, in textile stores and in second hand shops. Make sure that the base
fabric is loose woven and the sequins are sewn onto the mesh-like fabric, not glued!
The base fabric must be loose woven in order for the wool fibers to be able to hide
- 100 Antique Bronze Brass Steel Metal Round Spacer Accent Beads Small – Big
- 3mm 4mm 6mm 8mm 10mm 12mm Rondelle Faceted Crystal Glass Loose
Spacer Beads lot LINK